Explore the practice of deep rest by exploring the science and philosophy behind Yoga nidra.
Our nervous system has an incredible capacity to heal our body’s response to stress. Yoga nidra is a proven method for creating the conditions that trigger this innate healing response.
Join Taryn for a unique training and walk away with an understanding of how to practice Yoga nidra yourself and offer it to your community. This is about equipping you with the know-how to rest and relieve stress whether or not you want to teach the practice. Yoga nidra is an effective tool for new parents, caregivers, seasoned students and instructors alike.
The program will:
– ground the modality of yoga nidra within the larger context of yoga philosophy;
– discuss the science behind the practice, more specifically the nervous system response and neuroplasticity;
– teach the art of yoga nidra, including leading a practice and script preparation;
– equip participants with the tools to enhance their asana classes with restorative/nidra practices;
– empower participants with stress-reduction tools including simple breath work and gentle movement.
Please note that this training can be taken independently or as part of our 300 hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training Program. For more information on taking this module as part of our 300 hour program please email email@example.com.
Join Taryn for this beautiful training:
November 12th and 13th
9 am – 6 pm